National Stand-Down to Prevent Struck-by Incidents – April 26, 2021
SAVE THE DATE!
Join CPWR, the NORA Construction Sector Council, and other partners on April 26th for the 2nd annual National Stand-Down to Prevent Struck-by Incidents, the first day of National Work Zone Awareness Week. The Stand-Down asks contractors to pause work to recognize that struck-by incidents are a leading cause of death among construction workers and to educate their crews about risks and solutions for mitigating them. To make the Stand-Down a success during COVID-19, we are encouraging contractors, workers, and other stakeholders to participate virtually.
The NORA Construction Sector Council will be holding two webinars as part of this virtual event, and more information on how to participate virtually or hold your own stand-down at a safe social distance will be posted on CPWR’s Struck-by Hazards webpage soon.
The following are new materials to use as handouts, in print publications, and for social media in support of this initiative:
- Stand-Down promotional flyers –
- Infographics –
- Crane and Lift Zone Safety: Planning for a Safe Lift (English – JPEG, PDF; Spanish – JPEG, PDF)
- In 1 Strike You Could Be Out (JPEG, PDF)
- Struck-by Incidents Are a Leading Cause of Injury in Construction (English PDF & JPEG; Spanish PDF & JPEG)
- Best Practices for Safe Crane Lifts (English PDF & JPEG; Spanish PDF & JPEG)