All content shared by Network members can be found in this searchable database. We invite you to explore and share the content with your own network.
NIEHS WTP webinar: Addressing the Role of the Vaccine in Workplace COVID-19 Prevention
Reminder: CPWR Now Accepting Small Study Applications
CPWR provides funding up to $30,000 to investigate promising new research initiatives. The Small Study Program provides flexibility for initiating studies that are generally for preliminary, short-term projects and are non-renewable. The research plan proposed by the applicant must be related to the mission and priority research interests of CPWR.
Special Emphasis Areas:
- CPWR has an interest in studies addressing innovative approaches to reduce the spread of COVID-19 in the construction industry through ventilation, distancing, and respirators.
- CPWR also has an interest in studies addressing the high fatality burden among small employers in the U.S. construction industry, defined by CPWR as employers with 1-19 employees. Proposed research projects aimed at innovative ways in which to research small employers are considered a high priority, especially with an emphasis on:
- Engagement of stakeholders through partnerships and other means to understand the barriers and motivators for intervention adoption by small employers
- Assessing communications channels in reaching small employers
- Evaluation of promising translation products and dissemination strategies targeting small employers
Data Report: New Trends of Fatal Falls in the Construction Industry
CPWR Podcast Series
How do you keep construction job sites and workers safe?
Stay informed. Tune into CPWR’s Construction Safety & Health podcast to get up-to-the-minute information. From the latest research on safer tools, equipment, and work practices, to emerging hazards and solutions, to new training programs…and everything in between. If you work, manage, own, or operate within the construction industry, this is your podcast. Research-backed and information-packed knowledge to change your workplace and save lives.
CPWR is now accepting applications for funding from the Small Studies Program
CPWR’s Small Study Program provides seed money of up to $30,000 to investigate promising new research initiatives. Many major research projects began with a small study to demonstrate their viability or test their approach. Other small studies have resulted in important stand-alone projects. A survey of researchers funded under this Program found that more than 60% had published their findings in peer reviewed journals.
For details or questions contact:
We encourage innovative research proposals focused on:
- Getting best practices adopted – research to practice (r2p)
- Addressing emerging issues and exploring new technologies
- Safety culture and safety climate
- Disseminating safety and health information to specific audiences
- Exploring innovative or new directions in construction sciences
- Reaching high risk sectors: small employers, vulnerable workers, residential and light commercial construction