CPWR provides funding up to $30,000 to investigate promising new research initiatives. The Small Study Program provides flexibility for initiating studies that are generally for preliminary, short-term projects and are non-renewable. The research plan proposed by the applicant must be related to the mission and priority research interests of CPWR.
Special Emphasis Areas:
- CPWR has an interest in studies addressing innovative approaches to reduce the spread of COVID-19 in the construction industry through ventilation, distancing, and respirators.
- CPWR also has an interest in studies addressing the high fatality burden among small employers in the U.S. construction industry, defined by CPWR as employers with 1-19 employees. Proposed research projects aimed at innovative ways in which to research small employers are considered a high priority, especially with an emphasis on:
- Engagement of stakeholders through partnerships and other means to understand the barriers and motivators for intervention adoption by small employers
- Assessing communications channels in reaching small employers
- Evaluation of promising translation products and dissemination strategies targeting small employers